While you may be just getting into the swing of life and academics at Scranton, it's already time to select your courses for the Spring 2013 semester! We know that this can be a stressful task the first time around but we are here to help you along the way! This post will tell you everything you need to know to successfully register for classes!
You have an appointment already scheduled with an advisor!!
You will be meeting with an advisor either in October or the beginning of November to get your course schedule approve, retrieve your PIN and discuss any concerns you may have. An appointment has already been made for you! If you haven't done so, go to the CAS Advising Center on the 3rd floor of 600 Linden Street to pick up your appointment materials!!
Before your appointment—Completely fill out your course Registration Form.
You should fill out your form to the best of your ability before your appointment. To do so you will:
- Fill out the Semester Questionnaire in your appointment letter envelope.
- Review the online catalog (www.scranton.edu/catalog) to determine what major and cognate courses are required for your major for the spring semester.
- Review your CAPP to determine your progress in completing required general education courses. Decide which ones you would like to complete in the fall.
- Use the purple sheet to guide you in accessing the online course search. Look up the courses you plan to take. Choose the specific sections for which you intend to register.
- Put all course information on the Course Registration Form. Don’t forget to record all the CRNs and days and times for each course. (see example)
On the day of your appointment—arrive on time for your appointment.
Bring your completed Semester Planning Guide and your completed Course Registration Form. At this appointment, you will discuss your intended schedule with an academic adviser. Once your advisor approves your schedule, he or she will give you a registration term PIN.
Friday, November 16—use your PIN to go online and register for your courses for the spring 2013 semester.
Your PIN will become active between 3 and 4:45pm. Once it becomes active, you can go online to register for the classes your adviser approved. You can follow the instructions here or follow the link to this video which explains how to register using your term PIN. Your PIN stays active until the end of the first week of class in the Fall 2012 semester.
Call us for help!
If you experience difficulty in registering, call the CAS Academic Advising Center (570-941-6323)!