Follow these steps and you will be prepared for your appointment!
Pick Up Your Advising Materials!If you haven't done so already, stop by the Advising Center in STT 209 to pick up your advising materials. You will get your Appointment Letter which will tell you when you are scheduled to come in to meet with an advisor to get your schedule approved. You will also receive your personal CAPP sheet and a registration form.
|We're waiting for you!!|
Attend a Registration Information SessionEach academic department will be hosting its own information session to help you prepare for your advising meeting. These sessions will provide you with information specific to your major.
If you are undecided, the CAS Advising Center is offering the following sessions to help you prepare:
September 30, 2013
October 1, 2013
October 2, 2013
October 3, 2013
October 4, 2013
Before your appointment—Completely fill out your course Registration form. To do this you will:
- Fill out the Semester Questionnaire in your appointment letter envelope.
- Review the online catalog (www.scranton.edu/catalog) to determine what major and cognate courses are required for your major for the spring semester.
- Review your CAPP to determine your progress in completing required general education courses. Decide which ones you would like to complete in the fall.
- Use the purple sheet to guide you in accessing the online course search. Look up the courses you plan to take. Choose the specific sections for which you intend to register.
- Put all course information on the Course Registration Form. Don’t forget to record all the CRNs and days and times for each course. (see example)
On the day of your appointment—arrive on time for your appointment.
Bring your completed Semester Planning Guide and your completed Course Registration Form. At this appointment, you will discuss your intended schedule with an academic adviser. Once your adviser approves your schedule, he or she will give you a registration term PIN.
On Registration Day
Friday, November 22—use your PIN to go online and register for your courses for the spring 2014 semester. Your PIN will become active between 3 and 4:15pm. Once it becomes active, you can go online to register for the classes your adviser approved. Your PIN stays active until the end of the first week of class in the Spring 2014 Semester. If you experience difficulty in registering, call the CAS Academic Advising Center (570-941-6323). Details of this will follow in future blog posts.